Nematode of Cranberry Girdler
Carpocapsae-System contains the parasitic nematode Steinernema carpocapsae. This nematode searches for pests found in the root zone or the leaves. Once found, the nematodes penetrate the organisms through natural openings or directly through the skin. Bacteria that live in symbiosis with the nematodes are released as soon as the nematodes have penetrated the larvae.
The nematodes have to be mixed with water until a suspension is obtained. Afterwards, this suspension can be sprayed on the surface requiring treatment.
Carpocapsae-System is delivered as a gel formulation in packages of 5, 50, 250 and 2.500 million nematodes.
The type of treatment depends on the location of the pest. The suspension is either sprayed on foliage, drenched or irrigated on soil.
- Preventative: 500.000 nematodes/m².
- Curative: 1.000.000 nematodes/m².
- Apply at least 1 litre per m² of suspension.
- The soil must be moist for at least 2 weeks after the treatment.
- 0.25 million nematodes/m².
- 1.000 litres of spray suspension per hectare. Make sure that the suspension does not run-off from the plant, otherwise the nematodes will end up in the soil.
- In order to guarantee uniform coverage, it is recommended to add a wetting agent to the spray suspension.
- The soil must be moist
- The temperature should be between 14°C and 30°C
- The best time to apply the nematodes is in dark weather conditions or at night. Do not apply the nematodes in bright sunshine; direct exposure of nematodes to sunlight should be avoided, UV-light kills nematodes.
- No residue on the crop
- Can be integrated in resistance management
- No re-entry time
- Can be introduced in combination with other biological or integrated systems
- Completely safe for users, consumers and the environment.
SKU: NEM-SC250 .