Nematode of Vine Weevil
B-Green® guarantees a fast and efficient biological control of white grubs becauseHeterorhabditis bacteriophora actively searches and destroys white grubs in the soil. The most commonly occuring beetle larvae pest is Phyllopertha horticola (the garden chafer). It causes a lot of damage in grass fields and lawns.
Heterorhabditis bacteriophora is able to rapidly and efficiently control the larvae of the garden chafer. FurthermoreHeterorhabditis bacteriophora is also an ideal controller for other beetle species such as the vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus).
When the nematodes are introduced, they actively search for white grubs that are present in the root zone. The nematodes penetrate these larvae through natural body openings or directly through the body wall.
Once the larva is penetrated, bacteria that live in symbiosis with the nematodes are released. These bacteria transform host tissue into products which can be easily absorbed by the nematodes. The nematodes multiply in the grub and when this decomposes, the new generation of useful nematodes, looking for new victims, disperse.
Infected white grubs turn from white-beige to red-brown and the insect decomposes whereby it is difficult to find. The first larvae can be killed after 2 to 4 days after application.
For best results it is important that the soil humidity is high and that the soil temperature does not drop below 12°C during 5 weeks after the treatment.
B-Green® ensures a rapid and efficient control of the garden chafer on condition that:
- It is used curatively, that means that the larvae need to be present at the moment of treatment;
- The moisture of the soil is high enough and the soil temperature does not drop below 12°C during 5 weeks after the treatment.
In practice this means that the time is right for an application situated from mid July till the end of September because grubs are just below the ground surface at this time.
- Controls the garden chafer very fast in a curative way;
- Practical and easy to use;
- Can be introduced in combination with other biological or integrated systems;
- Heterorhabditis bacteriophora naturally occurs in Europe and in North-America;
- Has been succesfully introduced for many years;
- No problems with resistance;
- Completely safe for man, animal and plant;
- No protective clothing required during application.
SKU: NEM-HB50 .